Recruited into the KGB at an early age and trained in the Red Room, Natasha Alianovna Romanoff developed into one of the world's greatest and most ruthless assassins. After drawing the attention of Nick Fury, she was recruited to join S.H.I.E.L.D. at Clint Barton's recommendation, even going on to become a founding member of The Avengers. Following the events of The Avengers Civil War, Romanoff is forced to confront the darkness of her past in the Red Room and the possibility of future generations of Black Widow assassins.
Black Widow is an assassin Champion who excels in Critical Hits, Shocks, Defensive Ability Accuracy reduction, and Evasion. Her Widow’s Insight ability triggers whenever her opponent leaves themselves open to an attack and allows her Basic and Special Attacks to strike with enhanced effectiveness. Her ability to Shock and reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy increase dramatically while Widow’s Insight is active, and also allow her to enhance her critical rating with each combo. Opponents also have to be aware of her subtle Sabotage Debuff, which deals bonus damage each time Black Widow (Deadly Origin) causes a Defensive Ability to fail.
- Baton Hits deal Energy Damage instead of Physical and have a 40% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff dealing X Energy Damage for 3.65 seconds.
Widow’s Insight - Max 50 Stacks:
- Black Widow’s covert assassin training kicks in whenever the perfect opportunity to strike presents itself. Gain Widow’s Insight for 0.85 seconds whenever the Opponent is dashing forward or recovering from a Heavy, Special, or Combo ending Attack.
- This ability refreshes its duration when successfully landing hits.
- Widow’s Insight is not affected by Ability Accuracy.
Developer’s Note: This ability allows Black Widow to capitalize on the opponent's mistakes. The window to use this ability is quite narrow in some cases, but players can use the Dexterity Mastery to trigger this ability more consistently. High skill players may already be familiar with this type of playstyle and will be able to make the most use out of Black Widow.
While Widow’s Insight is Active:
- Light Hits: Increase Shock Ability Accuracy by a flat 60%.
- Medium Hits: Reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy by 70%.
- Heavy Hits: 100% chance to inflict a Stun Debuff for 1.75 seconds.
- Ending a Combo has 100% chance to grant a Precision Buff increasing Critical Rating by X for 24 seconds. Max 8 Stacks.
|Tier||Critical Rating increase|
Developer’s Note: Players can opt to perform two Medium attacks in their combo in match-ups versus tricky Defensive Champions such as Thing or Luke Cage. Making use of the Defensive Ability Accuracy reduction is key to countering powerful Defensive abilities.
- When caused to Miss, gain a Passive Evade granting 100% chance to Evade the next Basic Attack for 8 seconds. After triggering an Evade this effect is removed. Evade does not trigger while holding Block.
- When triggering an Evade, Black Widow Counter-Attacks with a Flashbang. This attack cannot Miss and does not generate Power
- When triggering an Evade through any of Black Widow’s personal Evade abilities, inflict a Sabotage Debuff reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy by 20% for 6 seconds. Sabotage deals X Direct Damage whenever an Opponent’s Defensive Abilities fail to trigger.
Developer’s Note: Fighting Champions such as Invisible Woman and Guillotine 2099 lets Black Widow ignore the effects of their Miss abilities. Players are also able to activate this Evade by using the Special Attack 1.
Red Room Training
- Black Window'a Sabotage Debuffs last longer on her Opponents and deal more damage when Abilities fail to trigger.
Red Room Training - Passive:
- Increase the potency of Sabotage Debuffs, increasing Direct damage done when abilities fail to trigger by 120%.
- Increase the duration of Sabotage Debuffs by 80%.
- Landing hits while Widow’s Insight is active pauses Sabotage Debuffs for 0.50 seconds.
Special Attack 1 - Flight of the Arachnid - Black Widow (Deadly Origin) strikes with a full turn kick and baton combo before delivering a shocking surprise.
- The last hit inflicts a Shock Debuff dealing X Energy Damage over 13 seconds.
- At the end of this Special Attack gain a Passive Evade granting 100% chance to Evade any Basic Attack for 6 seconds. After triggering this Evade the effect is removed. Evade will not trigger while Blocking.
Special Attack 2 - Spider Bite Combination - Black Widow (Deadly Origin) displays her graceful baton work in a flurry of electrifying strikes.
- Deal X as a burst of Shock Damage when striking Shocked Opponents.
- If Widow’s Insight is active: All hits reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy by 70%.
Developer’s Note: Players will have to activate their Special Attacks immediately after finishing their combos to fully make use of this attack. The damage of this attack can be enhanced further if the opponent is suffering from a Sabotage Debuff and has a Defensive Ability that triggers when Struck.
Special Attack 3 - Dance of the Elusive Black Widow - Black Widow (Deadly Origin) forms her batons into electrified whips before she gracefully loads her opponent with voltage.
- Inflict a Sabotage Debuff reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy by 20% for 16 seconds and dealing X Direct damage when the Opponent’s Defensive Abilities fail to trigger.
- For every 5 stacks of Widow’s Insight gained since last activating this Special Attack, create a Passive Cruelty increasing Critical Damage Rating by X for 30 seconds. Widow’s Insight is reset to 0 after launching this Special Attack.
|Tier||Critical Damage increase|
Developer’s Note: The Critical Damage Rating boost on this attack is better utilized in longer fights as building up stacks of Widow’s Insight will also gradually build up your chance to deal Critical hits through Precision Buffs. This combination should greatly increase your damage output.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- High Sustained Damage
- By utilizing Widow’s Insight and Black Widow’s Shock Debuffs, players can consistently sustain high amounts of damage. This is possible only if the player consistently strikes the opponent while Widow’s Insight is active.
- Evading Misses
- Black Widow’s Evade ability is unique in that it is activated after she Misses an attack. This is a useful countermeasure against champions such as Invisible Woman and Guillotine 2099 as it allows her to Evade away from danger immediately after Missing a strike.
- Defensive Ability Counter - Sabotage
- This ability dramatically increases the damage Black Widow can dish out versus champions with Defensive Abilities such as Thing’s Rock Stacks and Hulk’s Fury Buff.
- Shock Immune Champions
- A large portion of Black Widow’s damage comes from Shock Damage, and any champions that are Immune to Shock will shut down a large portion of her damage.
- True Strike and True Accuracy
- Black Widow is not able to rely on her Evade if her Opponent has a reliable True Strike or True Accuracy ability.
- Damage Over Time Effects
- Black Widow does not have an immediate ability to Purify debuffs, nor regenerate health. This makes her very susceptible to Damage Over Time effects such as a Bleed and Incinerate.
Champion Spotlight Black Widow (Deadly Origin). Kabam Forums. April 24, 2020.
|List of Skill Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Ægon ● Agent Venom ● Black Panther (Civil War) ● Black Widow (Deadly Origin) ● Blade ● Crossbones ● Daredevil (Netflix) ● Elektra ● Elsa Bloodstone ● Falcon ● Gwenpool ● Hawkeye ● Hit-Monkey ● Karnak ● Killmonger ● Kingpin ● Jabari Panther ● Korg ● Masacre ● Mole Man ● Moon Knight ● Nick Fury ● Night Thrasher ● Punisher ● Red Guardian ● Ronin ● Shang-Chi ● Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) ● Squirrel Girl ● Taskmaster ● Thor (Ragnarok) ● Winter Soldier