Dragon Man was a lifeless android constructed by Professor Gregson Gilbert, then brought to life by Diablo through a combination of Science and Alchemy. Dragon Man spent much of his existence being manipulated into combat by Heroes and Villains alike, until Valeria Richards upgraded his Programming. Now with both super-intellect and immense strength, Dragon Man acts as a guardian for the children of the Future Foundation.
Dragon Man is a momentum based Champion focused on sticking his opponent in the corner and beating the heck out of them. Dragon Man uses his aggressive Power Gain to repeatedly knock his Opponent down and generate Unblockable for a short duration, keeping up his momentum. Once he gets the Opponent in the corner he gains massive bonuses to Attack and reduces Power generated by the Opponent when struck.
- Dragon Man’s thick Armor and Advanced Robotics grants full immunity to Bleed, Poison, and Armor Shattered.
- If under the effects of an Armor Break, Dragon Man releases currents of mystical energy, dealing X Degeneration Damage every 0.5 seconds. Damage is increased by 100% against Cosmic Champions.
- Offensive Combat Power Rate is reduced by 35%.
Power Charge - Buff:
- At the start of a fight, gain Power Charge, generating 12% of a bar of Power every second. Power Charge is removed when Stunned.
- If 0 Power Charges are active, create one after 12 seconds. When Defending, this duration is reduced by 4 seconds.
- When fighting Science Champions, upon receiving a Non-Damaging Debuff, pause cooldown Duration for 0.35 seconds.
Cornered - Passive:
- While the Opponent’s back is against the wall they gain Cornered. Cornered is unaffected by Ability Accuracy modifications.
- Each hit deals X physical damage. This damage is increased by 0.35% for each Ineptitude or Unique Buff on the Opponent. Up to 105.00%
- Opponents Defensive Combat Power Rate is reduced by 70% while above 2 bars of Power.
On Opponent Knockdown:
- Gain an Unblockable Buff for 3 seconds. Duration is paused during Special Attacks.
- On Hit, remove any Incinerates on the Opponent, each dealing a burst of X energy damage. If 6 or more Incinerates are removed, this damage is increased by 50%.
- Dragon Man receives some combat ready programming enhancements.
- When any Non-Science Opponent has specific Buffs active, gain a unique effect. Potency is increased by 100% when fighting Cosmic Champions.
- Regen: Reduce Opponents Regen Rate by 35%.
- Power Gain: Reduce Opponents Ability Power Gain Rate by 35%.
- Fury: Gain 1130.76 Armor Rating.
- Armor Up: Gain 821.1 Attack Rating.
- Precision: Gain 1130.76 Critical Resistance.
- Cruelty: Gain 35% Critical Damage Resistance.
Special 1: Blitzkrieg
- The final hit inflicts a non-stacking Slow for 8 seconds, preventing the effects of Unstoppable and passively lowering Evade and Unstoppable Ability Accuracy by -100%. Opponents with Natural Class Advantage cannot be slowed.
- The first hit that contacts the Opponent consumes 1 Power Charge to inflict an Ineptitude Debuff reducing the potency of new Fury, Armor Up, Precision, and Cruelty Buffs by 75% for 30 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Ineptitude reduces the Potency of any Buffs activated after Ineptitude is in place. If fighting a Buff heavy Opponent, get these Ineptitudes on them as early as possible. Ineptitudes can invert the potency of Buffs, allowing you to reverse the effects of the Opponents Buffs.
Special 2: Scorched Earth
- All 3 hits of Dragon Man’s fire breath inflict Incinerate, dealing X energy damage over 25 seconds. Incinerate also reduces the Opponent’s Block Proficiency by 50% and prevents the activation of Perfect Block.
- Consume 1 Power Charge to generate a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by X for 30 seconds.
Developer’s Note: After connecting two Special 2’s in a row, quickly try and land a Heavy Attack to deal a huge burst of Damage.
Special 3: Danger Close
- Consume all stacks of Power Charge. Each contributing 4 seconds to an Unstoppable Buff. While active, this Unstoppable instantly regenerates 85% of hit damage received from all attacks other than Special 3’s.
- After this Special Attack ends, generate 3 stacks of Power Charge. Additional stacks of Power Charge do not generate additional Power.
Developer’s Note: This Special Attack ends with the Opponent Cornered. Use the unstoppable to charge into combat and keep Dragon Man’s forward momentum up.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Power Gain:
- Dragon Man’s Power Charge ability is one of the strongest Power generating abilities in the game. As long as Dragon Man can keep at least one Power Charge active he will always have a Special Attack ready.
- When Knocking his Opponent down, Dragon Man gains an Unblockable Buff for a short duration. This Buff is paused during Special Attacks, so if Dragon Man can link multiple Heavy Attacks and Specials Attacks back to back, he can keep his Unblockable effect up for a long time.
- Opponents with Buffs:
- Dragon Man is the first Champion to use Ineptitude, which inverts the Potency of Fury, Armor Up, Precision, and Cruelty Buffs quite significantly. This becomes especially powerful if the Opponent is using infinite Duration Buffs.
- When Stunned, Dragon Man loses all stacks of Power Charge. Since his Combat Power Rate is quite low, without Power Charge he will struggle to retaliate against his Opponent.
- Dragon Man’s Power Gain can be turned against him with Petrify. If his Power Charge potency is reduced his threat is minimal. If it’s reversed, he will lose Power at an alarming rate.
- Nullify and Purify:
- Dragon Man is a powerhouse of a Champion. But all of his Abilities are either Buffs or Debuffs, making him very susceptible to Nullify and Purify effects.
|List of Mystic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Black Widow (Claire Voyant) ● Diablo ● Doctor Doom ● Doctor Strange ● Doctor Voodoo ● Dormammu ● Dragon Man ● Ebony Maw ● Ghost Rider ● Guillotine ● Iron Fist (Immortal) ● Juggernaut ● Loki ● Longshot ● Magik ● Mephisto ● Mojo ● Mordo ● Morningstar ● Sasquatch ● Scarlet Witch (Classic) ● Sorcerer Supreme ● Symbiote Supreme ● The Hood ● Thor (Jane Foster) ● Tigra ● Unstoppable Colossus