Green Goblin is a Tech champion. Being a Tech Champion, he has a Class Bonus against Mutant Champions but is weak to Cosmic Champions.


Cunning businessman Norman Osborn was rarely satisfied with the success lawful ventures provided. Intending to gain the strength to beat Spider-Man, Norman subjected himself to an experimental serum, which proved terrifyingly successful, granting Norman vastly greater faculties but at the cost of his sanity. Unhinged and armed with Oscorp’s most advanced weaponry, the Green Goblin now rains fear down upon Spider-Man and his perceived enemies.


Tier Max Rating Max Health Max Attack
TierStar.pngTierStar.png 751 2396 178
Awakened.pngAwakened.png - - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - - -
Awakened.pngAwakened.pngAwakened.png - - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 3808 15964 1182
Awakened.pngAwakened.pngAwakened.pngAwakened.png 4795 15964 1182
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - - -
Awakened.pngAwakened.pngAwakened.pngAwakened.pngAwakened.png - - -


Note: This section is incomplete. If you have the stats for Green Goblin at Rank 1 Level 1, or the stats for his Signature Ability at Level 1, 8, or 20, please add them below. The Marvel Contest of Champions Wikia appreciates.


  • Madness
    • Green Goblin has a 10% chance to gain Madness whenever opponents attack him. +90% chance if Green Goblin performs a well-timed Block. Madness charges last 10 seconds.

While Green Goblin has more Madness than Cunning, or the two are equal, he passively Regenerates X% of damage taken from Basic Attacks and opponents deal X% less damage on Special Attacks.

Tier Regen% %DamageReduction
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 60% 30%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -

While Green Goblin has more Cunning than Madness, or the two are equal, the opponent generates X% less Power and Green Goblin gains +X% Attack on Special Attacks.

Tier PowerReduction% +Attack%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 40% +30%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
  • Bag of TricksSpecial & Heavy Attacks:
    • Power Drain – drains X% of the opponent’s Max Power.
    • Poison – deals X direct damage over 12 seconds.
    • Incinerate – deals X Energy Damage over 4 seconds. Also removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50%.
    • Weakness – reduces the opponent’s Attack by X% for 12 seconds.
Tier PowerDrain% Poison Damage IncinerateDamage WeaknessReduction%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - - - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 8% 1477.5 1300.2 45%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - - - -
  • Heavy Attacks
Tier IncinerateChance%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 20%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png -

Signature Ability

  • Oscorp Weaponry
    • Green Goblin gains access to the Super Bomb that allows him to activate his entire Bag of Tricks at once.

  • Oscorp Weaponry
    • Special Attacks
      • From X% to X% chance per bar of Power to activate a Super Bomb which causes all Bag of Tricks effects to trigger instead of the standard Pumpkin Bomb effect; however, the Special 3 attack still has a chance to trigger both Super Bomb and Pumpkin Bomb effects.
Tier Minimum Chance Maximum Chance
Level 1 - -
Level 8 - -
Level 20 - -
Level 99 15% 34%

Special Attacks

  • Manic Assault – Tossing down a flash bomb, the Green Goblin fires off a hasty barrage of electrical blasts then chucks a pumpkin bomb for good measure.
Tier PowerDrainChance% WeaknessChance%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 40% 90%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
  • Oscorp Offensive – A strike from the glider, a pumpkin bomb to the face and a blast from the afterburner leaves Norman’s foe in a terrible state.
Tier IncinerateChance% PoisonChance%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 100% 85%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png - -
  • Goblin King’s Blitz – Norman takes to the skies and blasts his opponent with every pumpkin bomb he can pull from his bag of tricks. Enjoy!
  • Pumpkin Bombs: X% chance to inflict Power Drain, Weakness, Incinerate and Poison.
Tier %Chance
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png -
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png 40%
TierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.pngTierStar.png -

Strengths and Weaknesses


Alliance Wars Defense:

  • It can be very hard to avoid getting hit by Green Goblin’s Special 2 Attack. Try placing him on Nodes that enhance the strength of his Special 2 that should provide you some defender kills in Alliance Wars.

Denying opponents from getting Power:

  • One of Green Goblin’s exclusive abilities is that he can lower the amount of Power Gained if you take advantage of his Cunning, that means it will work against Champions who have Power Gain abilities like Mordo, Vision, and Mystic Heroes equipped with Mystic Dispersion.


  • It can be hard to control his Cunning and Madness, adjusting to this mechanic will take time so if players are not used to it, the inability to control his personalities can become Green Goblins weaknesses.

Recommended Masteries

Collar Tech

  • Green Goblin’s Cunning effect also works against all Power Generation sources including Mystic Dispersion and Vision’s Power Gain when awakened. Getting this mastery will provide additional power denial, plus using that with his Special 1 Power Drain will be immensely powerful.

Glass Cannon

  • Green Goblin can deal a lot of damage through his Special 2 and Special 3 Attack. Experienced players will want to try this combo to unleash the maximum potential of his Oscorp Weaponry Signature Ability.


External Links



Tech.png List of Tech Champions Tech.png

Playable: Civil WarriorDarkhawkDoctor OctopusGhostGreen GoblinGuardianHoward the DuckHulkbusterIron Man (Infinity War) ● Iron PatriotKang the ConquerorMysterioNebulaPunisher 2099Red Skull Rocket RaccoonSentinelSpider-Man (Stark Enhanced)Star-LordUltron (Classic) ● Vision (Age of Ultron) ● VultureWar MachineYonduWarlock
Not playable: Adaptoid (Hydra) ● DeadpooloidDoombotSentineloidStar-KangSymbioidUltron Drone
Upcoming: Psycho-Man

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.