The Man-Thing was once the brilliant biochemist Dr. Ted Sallis. While working for S.H.I.E.L.D. to replicate the Super Soldier Serum, Dr. Sallis was forced to flee due to an A.I.M. plot which involved stealing his work. He injected himself with the only remaining sample of his serum before crashing his car into a swamp while on the run. Rather than dying from that crash, he was reformed into a creature made of the swamp itself: the Man-Thing!
- Made of Mush (passive): Man-Thing is made of swamp mush and lacks any meaningful weak points to exploit, thus granting it immunity to Armor Break and Armor Shatter, and negating bonus damage received from critical hits.
- Man-Thing’s lack of blood also provides immunity to Bleed.
- Empathic Agitation (passive): Man-Thing reacts to powerful emotions, gaining +5 Agitation when struck and when attacking buffed opponents with medium attacks. Agitation increases to a maximum of 100.
- As Man-Thing’s Agitation grows so does its attack, which increases by up to X based on agitation.
- Agitation falls continuously over time, falling off faster the longer it’s been since it last increased.
- Against Villains or buffed opponents, Man-Thing waits 5 seconds after each increase before Agitation falls off.
- On contact: Man-Thing has a base 7.5% chance, and up to a 15% chance based on Agitation, to nullify a buff.
- Toxic Pustules: Any buff other than a Toxic Pustule nullified on the opponent coverts to a Toxic Pustule buff.
- Charging heavy attacks: Gains an Unstoppable buff lasting 1 second. Cooldown: 5 seconds.
- Heavy attacks: Nullifies all Toxic Pustules on the Opponent. Debuffs caused by nullifying Toxic Pustules in this way have +50% potency.
- Launching special attacks: Places a Toxic Pustule on the opponent.
- Strength of the Swamp
- Special 1 - Armed and Dangerous: Man-Thing uses a part of itself as a weapon, splattering its opponent with caustic slime.
- Each hit places a Toxic Pustule on the opponent.
- Special 2 - Toxic Burst: Man-Thing unleashes blasts of toxic swamp sludge, slamming its opponents away.
- Each hit nullifies 2 buffs.
- Special 3 - Evil’s Bane: Man-Thing reacts to the aggression in its opponent’s heart, attempting to burn it away before striking them down.
|List of Mystic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Black Widow (Claire Voyant) ● Diablo ● Doctor Doom ● Doctor Strange ● Doctor Voodoo ● Dormammu ● Dragon Man ● Ebony Maw ● Ghost Rider ● Guillotine ● Iron Fist (Immortal) ● Juggernaut ● Loki ● Longshot ● Magik ● Mephisto ● Mojo ● Mordo ● Morningstar ● Sasquatch ● Scarlet Witch (Classic) ● Sorcerer Supreme ● Symbiote Supreme ● The Hood ● Thor (Jane Foster) ● Tigra ● Unstoppable Colossus