Ladies and gentlemen! Today we’re discussing me, Mojo! The greatest Champion to ever grace the Contest! I’m the ruler and slaver overlord of a cute little place called the Mojoverse. It’s my job to bring nothing but the most entertaining, top-tier, thrilling cinematic content to all my Spineless viewers and followers back home. And if I have to viciously degenerate and destroy a few other D-list characters to do it, even better!
Mojo loves giving his audience a show. His adoring fans will periodically give him a Prompt, which is something they want to see happen in the fight (for example, “Block a Hit”). If either Mojo or his Opponent does what the audience wants, Mojo will gain Followers. Followers grant him a variety of bonus effects, including Regeneration, Degenerating the Opponent, and shortening the Opponent’s Buff durations. See just how many Followers you can get!
- Mojo gains 30% less Power from landing Hits.
- Physical Resistance decreased by -X.
Dev Note: Mojo might gain less Power from hitting the Opponent, but he makes up for it in his Audience Adoration abilities below.
- After the start of the fight, Mojo receives a random Prompt from his adoring audience, who want to see certain actions performed. These Prompts last for 8 second(s).
- If either Champion does what the audience wants, the Prompt is completed and Mojo gains 1 million Followers.
- If a Prompt expires without being completed, Mojo fails the Prompt and loses 5 million Followers.
- When a Prompt is completed, Mojo activates his Anti-Life Field for 7 second(s).
- Mojo receives a new Prompt when his Anti-Life Field expires or a Prompt is failed.
- Prompts are paused during any Special Attack.
- Prompts are unaffected by Ability Accuracy.
Dev Note: Prompts are Mojo’s main mechanic. At any given point during the fight, he will either have a Prompt to accomplish, or the Anti-Life Field will be active. Each Prompt has a different icon on the HUD, and the Pause screen also lists how to achieve the current Prompt. There is a known issue with the in-game strings for this ability, that will be fixed in 26.0. The Anti-Life Field activates whenever any Prompt is completed, by either Mojo or the Opponent.
Anti-Life Field - Passive:
- Any Buff triggered on the Opponent has 90% reduced duration.
- Any time a Buff is Nullified or Expires off the Opponent, Mojo Passively Degenerates them for X Damage over 6 second(s).
- The Anti-Life Field is paused during any Special Attack.
Dev Note: Buff duration being reduced by 90% is very significant. Medusa’s Fury effects will only last for 1.4 seconds. Hyperion’s Power Gain and Juggernaut’s Unstoppable will only last for 0.4 seconds. And whenever any of these expire, Mojo will Degenerate his Opponent.
- Mojo gains additional Passive abilities based on how many Followers he has.
- 1 million - Any time a Buff expires or is Nullified off the Opponent, Mojo heals for 3% of his Missing Health over 2 second(s). This does not stack.
- 3 million - When a Prompt is completed, Mojo gains up to 50% of a Bar of Power based on how many Followers he has.
- 5 million - Completing a Prompt has a 100% chance to place a Hater Buff on the Opponent for 20 second(s). Basic Attacks have a 15% chance to place one. Haters have no effect.
Dev Note: Haters might have no effect, but when they expire they’ll trigger all of Mojo’s other effects. There is a known issue with the in-game strings for this ability, that will be fixed in 26.0. The Power Gain triggers whenever any Prompt is completed, by either Mojo or the Opponent.
- If a Prompt is active, Mojo replaces it with a new Prompt. This does not affect his Followers.
Dev Note: Get a Prompt you don’t want? Swap it out for a different one with the Heavy Attack.
Big Mojo Energy
- The love of his Followers grants Mojo additional Attack, and his Followers will follow him between fights.
Big Mojo Energy
- When Mojo activates his Anti-Life Field, if he has at least 5 million Followers, he also gains a Fury Buff for the duration of his Anti-Life Field, increasing Attack Rating by +1756.51.
Dev Note: This Fury will also increase the damage of all of Mojo’s Degenerate effects that are triggered while the Anti-Life Field is up, so once you reach 5 million Followers, his damage can increase significantly Additionally, Mojo starts each Quest with 1 million Persistent Subscribers, up to 5 million. At the beginning of the fight, each Subscriber gives him a Follower. His Followers can never fall below his Subscribers. When Mojo wins a fight, if he has more Followers than Subscribers, he gains 1 million Subscribers. When Mojo loses a fight, he loses 1 million Subscribers. Dev Note: Persistent Subscribers allow Mojo to maintain his Follower base between fights. As long as he keeps winning fights and increasing his Followers, he’ll be able to begin each fight at a higher and higher Follower count. Important to note that Subscribers start at 1 million, so if Mojo is defending and he has his Signature ability, he’ll also have his ability to Regenerate whenever a Buff expires (like, say, the Precision from Dexterity).
Special Attack 1 - WHAT'S UP GUYS?!:
- 100% chance on the first hit to Nullify one Buff from the Opponent.
Dev Note: This is Mojo’s only way to interact with Buffs that last indefinitely, such as the Power Gain on Vision (Aarkus) or Annihilus’ Cosmic Rod.
Special Attack 2 - YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!:
- If the Anti-Life Field is not active, trigger its Degeneration.
- If the Anti-Life Field is active, trigger its Degeneration for every million Followers Mojo has, up to 5 million.
Dev Note: The SP2 is Mojo’s main source of damage, so it’s the one he’ll want to use most often if the Opponent doesn’t have important, indefinite Buffs.
- Lightning Tempest: Shock damage is increased by up to 90% based on the Opponents current Power. Additionally, each Prowess reduces the Opponents Defensive Power Rate by 25% up to a max of 100%.
Developer’s Note: While Lightning Tempest is active, this Special Attack can be launched safely regardless of how much Power the Opponent has. If playing aggressively, Storm (Pyramid X) can launch this Attack while the Opponent is near 3 bars of Power to almost double the damage.
Special Attack 3 - SMASH THAT DISLIKE BUTTON!:
- Completes the current Prompt.
- Triggers the Anti-Life Field Degeneration for every million Followers Mojo has, up to 5 million.
Dev Note: If your current Prompt is too difficult to accomplish and you find yourself unable to use the Heavy Attack, then the SP3 provides another way to accomplish it, in addition to triggering more Degens on the Opponent
Possible Audience Prompts:
- Activate a Special Attack
- Charge a Heavy Attack
- Dash backwards
- Block a Hit
- Use Dexterity to avoid a Hit
- Hold Block for 1.5 second(s)
- Inflict a Stun
- When any Buff expires or is Nullified
- Back into the corner
- Idle for 1 second(s)
- Punish a Special Attack, by striking the Opponent while they're recovering from the Attack
- Knock down a Champion
Dev Note: Mojo’s audience will be keeping an eye on the fight as it progresses. They will avoid giving Prompts that are impossible to achieve (like activating a Special Attack when neither Champion has enough Power), but they’ll also want to see more impressive and challenging Prompts as Mojo’s Follower count rises.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Buffs with duration
- Every time a Prompt is accomplished, Mojo activates his Anti-Life Field. The main effect of this field is that it shortens buff duration by 90%, and any buff that expires will Degenerate the Opponent. So as long as Mojo can keep the field up continually during the fight, all the Opponents buffs will almost immediately turn into damage.
- Power Gain
- Once he has at least 3 million Followers, all of Mojo’s Prompts will also start granting him additional Power. When combined with Mystic Dispersion, this means Mojo will be able to launch lots of extra Special Attacks, all of which have the added benefit of pausing the Anti-Life Field.
- Indefinite Buffs
- The Anti-Life Field might reduce Buff duration by 90%, but that doesn’t matter if the Buff lasts indefinitely in the first place. Mojo’s SP1 is still able to Nullify these indefinite Buffs, but it only gets rid of one Buff at a time, and he really wants to be using his SP2 instead to place more Degenerations on the Opponent.
- Inverted regeneration
- When Mojo has at least 1 million Followers, any Buff that expires will also heal him for a portion of his missing Health. However, this healing can be inverted via Petrification, turning all those expiring Buffs into damage on Mojo instead.
|List of Mystic Champions|
| [v ● e]
Playable: Black Widow (Claire Voyant) ● Doctor Doom ● Doctor Strange ● Doctor Voodoo ● Dormammu ● Diablo ● Ebony Maw ● Ghost Rider ● Guillotine ● Iron Fist (Immortal) ● Juggernaut ● Loki ● Longshot ● Magik ● Mephisto ● Mojo ● Mordo ● Morningstar ● Scarlet Witch ● Sorcerer Supreme ● Symbiote Supreme ● The Hood ● Thor (Jane Foster) ● Unstoppable Colossus