Professor X believed in peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans, but this all changed when Moira MacTaggert revealed to him the inevitable demise of mutantkind, unless Professor X could change his ways. Under the new moniker “X”, he gave up his old dreams. No more would mutants endure the afflictions and prejudice of humankind. Under the formidable rule of X, the mutant nation of Krakoa was founded. And those who defy the nation must enter the Mindscape and face Professor X in a duel of mental strength.
Professor X channels his psychic power to Mind Control his Opponents, locking them from using Special Attacks and gaining power. As Professor X wins fights, he gains Cerebro Charges, boosting the effects of his powerful synergies.
Mutation - Always Active
- Professor X’s first Medium Attack is the only Basic Attack that makes contact with his Opponent. All of Professor X’s attacks deal Energy Damage.
- Immune to Reversed Controls due to his mastery over Telepathy.
- When Professor X would be struck by a Basic Attack, he inflicts a Falter Passive, causing 100% of the Opponent’s attacks to Miss for 2 second(s). This ability has a 20 second cooldown but starts on a 10 second cooldown.
- When the Opponent lands a Special Attack, Falter is removed.
- Avoiding an attack while Dodging backwards during Falter’s cooldown reduces the duration by 1 second(s).
Developer’s Note: This ability allows Professor X to safely Channel without being attacked. It’s up to the player to maximize Professor X’s Falter ability. The more attacks he dodges, the more he can use it.
Persistent Cerebro Charges - Max 4 Charges
- Start each Quest with 1 Cerebro Charge(s).
- Gain 1 Cerebro Charge(s) when Professor X wins a fight.
- Cerebro Charges increase the potency of Professor X’s Synergies.
Developer’s Note: One of X’s greatest features is his toolbox of useful synergies. Unlike most, Professor X can increase the potency of his synergies by winning fights.
- Professor X channels his telepathic abilities, gaining 10 Channeling Charge(s) per second at the end of his Special 1 and 2 Attacks and while charging his Heavy Attack.
- When Power Burned or Drained, lose 50 Channeling Charge(s).
- While at 25+ Channeling Charges against Non-Tech Champions, Professor X can not be Evaded and gains a Vigilance Passive, allowing all attacks to bypass Miss.
- While at 50+ Channeling Charges, using the fourth Light Attack inflicts Mind Control on the Opponent. When activating a Special Attack with 100 Channeling Charge(s), automatically inflict Mind Control.
Developer’s Note: Channeling is a mechanic that's new to Professor X! In game, watch for pink and purple waves emanating from Professor X, indicating that he is Channeling. When Professor X is defending, this is a great window to punish him.
Channeling - Completing and Cancelling
- Complete Channel or Cancel by Heavy Attacking: Gain +10 Channeling Charge(s).
- Cancel by Blocking, Charging a Heavy Attack or using a Light, Medium or Special Attack: Gain a Prowess Buff increasing Special Attack Damage by 40% for 36 second(s).
- Cancel by Dashing Backwards: Refresh the duration of all Prowess Effects on Professor X.
Developer’s Note: Players are able to cancel out of the Channeling during the Special 1 and 2 Attacks by inputting an action. The way you cancel your Channel will decide what effects are activated! There’s quite a lot of potential for some interesting plays with this ability so we’re excited to see what you guys come up with!
- Mind Control lasts 0.5 second(s) for every 10 Channeling Charge(s).
- The Opponent is Locked from gaining Power or using any of their Special Attacks.
- Mind Control’s duration is paused during Professor X’s Special Attacks, except while Channeling.
- Professor X’s Special Attacks are Unblockable and cost up to 70% less Power based on the number of Channeling Charges. Reduced to 40% against Techs.
Developer’s Note: Professor X is the first champion in the game that’s able to lock his Opponent out of their Special Attacks. Mind Control is Professor X’s big moment to use as many Special Attacks as he can while the Opponent is almost completely subdued.
- As the mutant nation of Krakoa rises in power, so does Professor X and his influential psychic abilities.
- While below 75 Channeling Charge(s), gain 1 Charge(s) per second. While Defending, this rate is doubled and Charges are gained for the entire fight.
- Gain up to 50% Prowess Potency, scaling with the Opponent’s Power Meter.
Developer’s Note: With his Signature Ability unlocked, Professor X is encouraged to inflict Mind Control when his Opponent has as much power as possible, increasing the potency of all Prowess Buffs gained during Mind Control.
Special 1: Psychic Grasp
- On activation, gain 25 Channeling Charge(s).
Developer’s Note: During Mind Control, players will find that they’re able to perform several Special 1’s in quick succession with enough power.
Special 2: Psi-Blades
- The last three hits deal a burst of X Energy Damage. This ability scales with Special Attack Damage.
Developer’s Note: This is Professor X’s largest damage spike! Keep in mind that Professor X’s Prowess Buffs will increase the bursts of Energy Damage from this attack.
Special 3: Duel of the Mind
- Gain a Prowess Buff for each Cerebro Charge, increasing Special Attack Damage by 60% and lasting 40 second(s). Max 4 stack(s).
Developer’s Note: As Professor X wins more fights, he’ll gain more Cerebro Charges, greatly increasing the benefit of his Special 3. In Mind Control, keep in mind that due to the reduced cost of Special Attacks, Professor X can use his Special 2 immediately after this attack.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Prevents Miss and Evade
- Once Professor X has gained enough Channeling Charges, he can bypass Miss and Evade effects very reliably.
- With the combined use of his Falter, Unblockable and Mind Control abilities, Opponents will be playing on Professor X’s terms in each fight.
- Mutant Super Support
- Make the most of Professor X by pairing him with other Mutants and X-Men. As Professor X wins fights, he gains Cerebro Charges which boost his synergy effects, benefitting his team.
- Low Health
- Professor X has a very small health pool which makes chip damage and especially damage-over-time effects very potent against him.
- Tech Champions
- Professor X loses his counter to Miss and Evade effects against Tech Champions and he cannot use as many Special Attacks during Mind Control against them.
- Power Control
- If Professor X can’t use Special Attacks, he can’t deal very much damage. Power Drain and Burn effects also remove a large portion of his Channeling Charges, a severe setback.
|List of Mutant Champions|
| [v ● e]
Playable: Archangel ● Beast ● Bishop ● Cable ● Colossus ● Cyclops (Blue Team) ● Deadpool (X-Force ● Goldpool) ● Domino ● Emma Frost ● Gambit ● Havok ● Iceman ● Magneto (House of X) ● Mister Sinister ● Namor ● Nightcrawler ● Old Man Logan ● Omega Red ● Psylocke ● Rogue ● Sabretooth ● Storm (Pyramid X) ● Sunspot ● Wolverine (Weapon X ● X-23) ● Sunspot