In a desperate move to regain his lost connection to the Green Goblin persona, Norman Osborn bonded with the Carnage Symbiote. The result was Red Goblin, a demonic creature with a limitless thirst for death and unmatched hatred for Peter Parker.
Red Goblin’s gameplay is centered around comboing into Special Attacks with different Basic Attacks to generate Buffs. When launching Carnage Bombs with his Special 2 or Heavy Attacks, he inflicts Debuffs on his Opponent based on his active Buffs. When his Opponent is close to defeat, Red Goblin activates Frenzy and becomes even Stronger. The potency and threshold to activate Frenzy intensifies with each defeated Opponent.
- Gain full Immunity to Incinerate and Power Burn.
- Red Goblin’s Symbiote reduces Ability Accuracy of Passive Evade abilities for #Spider-Verse Champions by 100%
Persistent Bloodlust - Max 5
- After Winning a Fight, gain 1 Bloodlust for the remainder of the Quest. If defeating a #Spider-Verse Champion, gain +1 Bloodlust.
- Lose 1 Bloodlust when defeated.
- While the Opponent has less than 15% health remaining, activate Frenzy. Each Bloodlust increases this threshold by a flat 10%, reaching 65% at max Bloodlust.
- Frenzy also triggers a True Sense Buff bypassing the effects of Miss and Auto Block. If Frenzy ends, this Buff is removed.
- Gain X Attack Rating. Additionally gain X Attack Rating for each Bloodlust. Each stack suffers from 15% reduced Potency
Special Activation - Symbiote Buffs
- Activating Special Attacks creates a Buff based on the last attack launched. Buffs last for 15 seconds but start Paused. Buffs are unpaused the next time one of them is triggered.
- Light Attack: Energize, granting 25% Combat Power Rate. Aptitudes increase the Potency of these Energize Buffs by 75%.
- Medium Attack: Fury, granting X Attack Rating.
- Heavy Attack: Aptitude, granting 120% increased Fury, Precision, and Armor Up Potency.
Developer Notes: These are the key ingredients you’ll need for baking the delicious damage dealing Red Goblin cake. Maximize the flavor palette by getting a good mixture. The order you add them is important too but we’ll cover that with the Special Attacks.
Carnage Bombs - Heavy Attacks and Special 2
- Each Energize Buff inflicts Power Drain, draining 10% max Power over 15 seconds.
- Each Fury Buff inflicts Armor Break, reducing Armor by X for 15 seconds.
- All other Buffs inflict Incinerate, dealing X Energy Damage over 15 seconds. Incinerate also prevents Perfect Block and reduces Block Proficiency by -50%.
- Carnage Bomb Debuffs inflicted by this attack have 65% reduced Duration.
- Norman Osborn and the Carnage Symbiote form a powerful bond
- While Frenzy is Active:
- Special Attacks generate +1 Symbiote Buff with 35% reduced Potency.
Special 1: Symbiote Rushdown - The Carnage Symbiote takes control, bursting razor sharp tentacles from his chest, before shattering a Carnage Bomb into a hail of flaming shrapnel.
- Symbiote Attacks: All 5 hits deal a burst of direct damage equal to 100% damage dealt. Potency increased by 100% for each Unique Debuff on the Opponent.
- Shrapnel Blast: Incinerate, dealing X Energy Damage over 20 seconds.
Developer’s Note: This is the fluffy base. Here is a good place to quickly add a mixture of ingredients. I like to fold in a light attack to get an Energize Buff, then speed my way to the Special 3. That’s where we will prepare the icing.
If you don’t care for icing, fold in a Heavy Attack instead for the Aptitude Buff, then Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and head to the Special 2.
Special 2: Goblin Onslaught - Norman employs the Green Goblin’s tactics, discharging a few Carnage Bombs to maim his prey, then oblisterates them with a massive blast from his glider.
- Carnage Bombs: Inflict Carnage Bomb Debuffs.
- After Burner: All 3 hits deal a burst of X energy damage.
Developer’s Note: Before popping this bad boy into the oven, I’d recommend launching a Medium Attack. The Fury Buffs will apply Armor Breaks, and give your cake that sweet, sweet taste of big yellow numbers. Fury Buffs are delicious either way, but are best used once an Aptitude Buff is in place.
Special 3: Seething Madness - Red Goblin unleashes his madness unto the world, spawning an armada of Carnage Bombs who seek and destroy any and all things.
- Activate Frenzy for 30 seconds.
- Inflict 7 Random Carnage Bomb Debuffs with 50% increased Duration.
Developer’s Note: Frenzy is the icing. It’s great on its own, but when added to a well prepared cake, the two become something so far beyond what they could have ever been alone. Make sure the icing is prepared before you launch the Special 2 so you can eat your cake immediately!
If you haven’t already, this is a good place to add the Heavy Attack for an Aptitude Buff. They supercharge any future Buffs you add to the mixture.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Armor Break
- For each Fury Buff on Red Goblin, his Carnage Bombs apply 1 Armor Break. If Red Goblin stacks only Fury Buffs he can easily strip away any Armor Up Buffs on his Opponents.
- True Sense
- After launching a Special 3, or dropping his Opponent through a health threshold, Red Goblin gains a very long duration True Sense, preventing the activation of Miss or Auto-Block abilities.
- #Spider-verse Champions
- Spider-verse Champions have -100% Passive Evade Ability Accuracy, making them easy targets. Additionally, Red Goblin gains the bonus Bloodlust each time he squashes one of those pesky Spiders.
- Red Goblin’s Buffs are critical to fuel his kit. If his Buffs are removed, he won't be able to apply any Debuffs.
- Once Red Goblin gets his Buffs, he can stack up a lot of Debuffs on his Opponent. If they’re able to Purify these effects or reduce their duration he will lose out on a lot of damage and utility.
- If his Opponent regenerates themselves above Red Goblin’s Frenzy threshold, Frenzy will be removed.
|List of Cosmic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Air-Walker ● Angela ● Annihilus ● Black Bolt ● Captain Marvel (Classic) ● Carnage (Pre-Update) ● Corvus Glaive ● Cosmic Ghost Rider ● Cull Obsidian ● Drax ● Gamora ● Groot ● Heimdall ● Hela ● Hyperion ● King Groot ● Medusa ● Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) ● Nova ● Phoenix ● Proxima Midnight ● Red Goblin ● Ronan ● Silver Surfer ● Spider-Man (Symbiote) ● Superior Iron Man ● Terrax ● Thanos ● The Champion ● Thor ● Venom (Pre-Update) ● Venom the Duck ● Venompool ● Vision (Aarkus)