Scarlet Witch is a Mystic Champion. Being a Mystic Champion, she has a Class Bonus against Cosmic Champions, but is weak to Science Champions. She was first introduced as a Quest Boss in the Story Event Spider-Ham: Framed By Fame. She became a playable character on June 7, 2021, when she could be obtained as a 4 Star through activating a Summoner Sigil. By obtaining new Sigil Credits in the Weekly Summoner Sigil exclusive Solo Event Milestones, a 4, 5 and 6-Star Scarlet Witch could be purchased.
Gifted with the powers of chaos magic since birth, Scarlet Witch can conjure hexes of unimaginable destruction, capable of irreversibly altering the very fabric of reality itself.
Scarlet Witch is a defensive, push your luck style Champion that feeds off the chaos she creates. Launching Special Attacks creates Instability, which increases the chances of either Champion gaining a powerful Buff when Chaos Surge activates. Use Scarlet Witch’s Well-Timed block to steal Buffs gained by her Opponent before launching devastating Special Attacks.
- Deal Energy Damage instead of Physical.
- On Special Activation, gain 1 indefinite Instability. 1 Instability is removed when knocked down by a Special Attack.
- If 6+ Instability are active for 10 seconds, inflict Opponent with Degeneration, dealing X Direct Damage over 6 seconds.
- When the above Degeneration expires, remove all Instability.
Developer’s Note: Managing Instability is the key to playing Scarlet Witch. The important thing to note here is that if you sit on 6 Instability for 10 seconds, all Instability will inevitably be removed.
- Every 4 seconds, activate Chaos Surge, granting both Champions a 20% change per Instability to gain 1 randomly selected Buff. Small change to grant all Buffs.
- Armor Up, granting +X Armor Rating for 12 seconds.
- Fury, granting +X Attack Rating for 12 seconds.
- Cruelty, granting +X Critical Damage Rating over 12 seconds.
- Unblockable, lasting 4 seconds.
- Buffs are not granted to Champions launching Special Attacks.
- If Scarlet Witch Nullifies any Armor Up, Fury, Cruelty, Prowess, or Unblockable Buffs, she gains her matching Chaos Surge Buff.
Before The Opponent Lands an Attack
- While blocking, 15% change to Nullify 1 Buff. Increased to 100% during the Well-Timed Block window.
Developer’s Note: This Nullify occurs before the Opponent’s hit connects with Scarlet Witch, allowing her to Nullify Unblockable Buffs with her Well-Timed Block. This Nullify always targets the most recent Buff activated on the Opponent, so if you’re going to Nullify an Unblockable, make sure no other Buffs are activated after it. Scarlet Witch will excel If you can master the re-parry technique, or perform multiple well-timed blocks during a single Special Attack.
- Consume 1 Instability to create a non-stacking Power Gain Buff, generating 100% of a Bar of Power over 10 seconds.
Developer’s Note: When reaching 5 Instability, land a Heavy Attack on the Opponent to drop back down to 4, allowing you to quickly launch another Special 2. Try to launch as many Special 2’s as possible without ever reaching 6 Instability.
- Scarlet Witch tips the scales in her favor
Organized Chaos - On Activation of Chaos Surge
- Against Cosmic, Mystic, Tech Opponents: 20% change per Instability to inflict a Petrify or Armor Break Debuff for 3 seconds.
- Against Cosmic, Mutant, Skill Opponents: 20% change per Instability to inflicts a Power Sting of Heal Block Debuff for 3 seconds.
- Petrify: Reduce Regeneration Rate and Ability Power Gain Rate by X%.
- Armor Break: reducing Armor by X.
- Power Sting: Deal X direct damage on activation of Opponents Special Attacks.
- Heal Block: Stopping all healing effects.
Special 1 - Crushing Blow: Scarlet Witch tears the ground beneath her Opponent apart, then hurls the debris with a deadly telekinetic attack.
- The first successful hit creates 1 Instability.
Developer’s Note: You’ll gain 2 total Instability when landing this Special Attack in a fight. The goal is to get to 4 Instability first, then loop Special 2’s and Heavy Attacks to stay at 5 Instability.
Special 2 - Chaos Bombardment: Scarlet Witch conjures a blast of Chaos Magic then bombards her opponent with a combination of hexes.
- Each hit inflicts a Random Debuff. Duration is increased by 20% for each Buff on either Champion. Max 100%.
- Poison, dealing X Direct Damage over 10 seconds. Poison also reduces the Opponents Regeneration Rate by 30%.
- Coldsnap, dealing X Energy Damage over 10 seconds. Coldsnap also prevents the activation of Evade.
- Incinerate, dealing X Energy Damage over 10 seconds. Incinerate also prevents the activation of Perfect Block and reduces Block Proficiency by 50%.
Developer’s Note: If the Opponent isn’t Immune to any of these Debuffs, this is the main damage dealing ability for Scarlet Witch. If Debuffs aren’t doing the trick, Special 3 will have you covered.
Special 3 - Collective Destruction: Scarlet Witch supercharges her body with chaos magic before releasing it in a devastating blast, destroying everything in her proximity.
- Nullify up to 5 Buffs on the Opponent. Each Buff Nullified this way increases this attacks Attack Rating by X.
- Remove all Instabilities, each inflicting a Passive Degeneration dealing X Direct Damage over 10 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Don’t worry if you blow past the Special 2 while trying to maintain 5 Instability. This Special Attack hits like a truck. It’s especially powerful against Opponents sitting on lots of Buffs. The Nullify occurs first, which means Scarlet Witch will get copies of any Chaos Surge Buffs on the Opponent before the damage is dealt.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Well-Timed Block Nullify
- Scarlet Witch can Nullify any Buff with her Well-Timed Block. This Nullify occurs before she is struck, so if the Opponent has an Unblockable Buff she can Nullify it before the hit connects. This Nullify is especially useful against Champions who start the Fight with a Buff active.
- Copy Nullified Buffs
- Scarlet Witch gains a Copy of any Fury, Prowess, Cruelty, Armor Up, or Unblockable Buff she Nullifies. If fighting Champions that sit on lots of Fury Buffs, Scarlet Witch can significantly increase her damage output.
- Power Gain
- Scarlet Witch’s Heavy Attack creates a potent Power Gain Buff. If mixed with the Mystic Dispersion Mastery, Scarlet Witch will be able to easily devastate her Opponent with repeated Special Attacks.
- Chance to grant Opponent Unblockable
- Chaos Surge has a small chance to grant the Opponent an Unblockable Buff. These Buffs can’t be granted during Special Attacks, but can turn the tide of a fight quickly if she isn’t prepared to remove it with a Well-Timed Block.
- Incinerate, Coldsnap, or Poison Immunity
- Scarlet Witch’s main damage loop requires repeatedly launching the Special 2. If the Opponent is Immune to any of the Debuffs inflicted by this Attack it will noticeably reduce her damage output.
- Nullify, Fate Seal, Stagger
- If the Opponent can prevent Scarlet Witch from gaining any of her Buffs, they can benefit off of Scarlet Witch’s chaos more than she can.
|List of Mystic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: America Chavez ● Black Widow (Claire Voyant) ● Diablo ● Doctor Doom ● Doctor Strange ● Doctor Voodoo ● Dormammu ● Dragon Man ● Ebony Maw ● Ghost Rider ● Guillotine ● Iron Fist ● Iron Fist (Immortal) ● Juggernaut ● Loki ● Longshot ● Magik ● Man-Thing ● Mangog ● Mephisto ● Mojo ● Mordo ● Morningstar ● Purgatory ● Sasquatch ● Scarlet Witch ● Scarlet Witch (Classic) ● Sorcerer Supreme ● Symbiote Supreme ● The Hood ● Thor (Jane Foster) ● Tigra ● Unstoppable Colossus