To protect his planet from certain Annihilation, Norrin Radd relinquished his life to become the Silver Surfer, a Herald of Galactus. Now imbued with the Power Cosmic, the Silver Surfer travels the galaxy in search of new planets to feed Galactus’ insatiable hunger.
Silver Surfer’s gameplay is focused on creating and maintaining as many unique Buffs as possible. Each Unique Buff increases his on hit energy damage and enables him to create new powerful buffs when launching Special Attacks.
- Silver Surfer takes -100% damage from Coldsnap, Incinerate, and Shock Debuffs. Each stack of these Debuffs count as a Unique Buff for any of Silver Surfer's abilities.
- Each hit deals a Burst of X Energy Damage for each Unique Buff. This scales with base attack only.
Dev Note: This burst of energy damage on hit will be Silver Surfer's primary source of damage. Silver Surfer will excel when Hunting Champions that have little energy resistances or weaknesses to energy damage.
Power Cosmic Buff:
- At the start of the Fight, Silver Surfer generates an indefinite Power Cosmic Buff. If this Buff ends for any reason it will return in 9.0 seconds.
- While the Power Cosmic Buff is active Silver Surfer rotates between dormant icons every 2 seconds in the order of Power Rate, Fury, then Armor Up.
- Consuming the Power Cosmic Buff converts the dormant icon into an active Buff and inflicts 3 Armor Break Debuffs each reducing the Opponent’s Armor Rating by X for 12.0 seconds. Max 3 Stacks.
Dev Note: The Power Cosmic Buff is a Buff that will be present almost all of the fight. While the Buff itself has no effect, it does count as a Unique Buff for Silver Surfer's other abilities.
Rotating Buffs - Max 2 of Each:
- Refresh the expiry of all active Buffs when creating a Rotating Buff that does not already exist.
- Combat Power Rate: Increase Power Rate by 15% for 15.0 seconds.
- Fury: Increase Attack Rating by X for 24.0 seconds.
- Armor Up: Increase Armor Rating by X for 24.0 seconds.
Dev Note:The key to playing Silver Surfer will be mastering when to activate these Buffs. As long as the Rotating Buff isn’t already active, Silver Surfer will refresh the Duration of every active Buff. This includes the Vigilance or Unblockable Buffs from his Special attacks and even the Phase from his Heavy Attack.
When Charging a Heavy Attack:
- If available, consume the Power Cosmic Buff and create a Phase Buff, causing Opponent’s 100% chance to miss for 1.10 second(s).
Dev Note: This ability will be the most reliable way for Silver Surfer to consume his Power Cosmic Buff and create his available Rotating Buff. Players should Charge a Heavy Attack and cancel the charging animation with a Special Attack to maximize active Unique Buffs.
- Pause the Duration of Silver Surfer’s Power Cosmic Buff Cooldown, his Rotating Dormant icons and all active Buffs until the Special Attack ends.
Dev Note: This ability makes it easier for Silver Surfer players to maintain all of their Buffs and not worry about one ending during a Special Attack.
Energies of the Universe
- Silver Surfer further enhances himself with the cosmic eneergies of the Universe.
Energies of the Universe
- All Buffs on Silver Surfer have 5~50% increased Potency.
Special Attack 1 - Force of Will:
- If available, consume the Power Cosmic Buff and create 2 Buffs based on whichever dormant icon was active.
- If at least 3 Unique Buffs are active when launching this Special Attack gain a Vigilance Buff allowing all attacks to bypass Miss for 12.0 seconds.
Dev Note: This Special Attack provides a quick way to gain multiple stacks of a Buff and allows Silver Surfer to generate a new Unique Buff, Vigilance.
Special Attack 2 - Test of Might:
- Silver Surfer increases the potency of any bursts of Energy or Physical damage by 180% for the duration of this Special Attack.
- If at least 3 Unique Buffs were active when launching this Special Attack, Silver Surfer creates an Unblockable Buff for 4.0 seconds.
Dev Note: Once Silver Surfer is sitting on a comfortable number of Unique Buffs launching the Special 2 can be devastating for the Opponent Champion. If the Unblockable Buff is something to be desired, players can hold onto their Power Cosmic Buff until after this Special Attack has concluded and refresh it’s duration.
Special Attack 3 - Lack of Patience:
- Gain an Aptitude Buff increasing the potency of Silver Surfer's Fury, Armor Up and Precision Buffs by 25% for 24.0 seconds, then Retrigger each of Silver Surfer's active Rotating Buffs. Max 1.
- Each Aptitude Buff on Silver Surfer also increases the potency of his Power Rate Buffs by 25%.
Dev Note: By retriggering all of Silver Surfer's Rotating Buffs they gain the beneficial effects provided by the Aptitude.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Incinerate, Coldsnap, Shock Debuffs
- Each Incinerate, Coldnsap, or Shock Debuff on Silver Surfer deals 100% reduced damage and counts as a Unique Buff for his abilities, greatly increasing his potential damage output.
- Mixed with the Willpower Mastery, Silver Surfer will be able to regenerate health while affected by these Debuffs.
- High Energy Damages
- Each Unique Buff deals a burst of energy damage on hit.
- Silver Surfer's Special 2 greatly increases the amount of damage generated by this ability.
- Counters Miss Champions
- Silver Surfer gains a new Vigilance Buff with his Special 1 allowing him to bypass Champions relient on Miss Abilities.
- If planned correctly this Buff can be refreshed by Silver Surfer’s other abilities to increase the amount of time it’s available.
- Nullify, Fateseal, and Stagger abilities will shut down Silver Surfer. If players can keep him below three unique Buffs most of his potent abilities will never trigger.
- Ability Accuracy Modification
- Lowering Silver Surfer's ability accuracy is another good route when trying to slow him down. Likewise to Nullifies this will prevent him from ever ramping up his Buff count.
- Energy Damage Resistance
- Energy damage is the primary source of Silver Surfer’s damage. Facing an Opponent with high energy resistances will stifle his offensive potential significantly.
|List of Cosmic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Air-Walker ● Angela ● Annihilus ● Black Bolt ● Captain Marvel ● Captain Marvel (Classic) ● Carnage (Pre-Update) ● Corvus Glaive ● Cosmic Ghost Rider ● Cull Obsidian ● Drax ● Gamora ● Groot ● Heimdall ● Hela ● Hercules ● Hyperion ● King Groot ● Medusa ● Ms. Marvel ● Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)) ● Nova ● Odin ● Phoenix ● Proxima Midnight ● Red Goblin ● Ronan ● Silver Surfer ● Spider-Man (Symbiote) ● Superior Iron Man ●Super-Skrull ● Terrax ● Thanos ● The Champion ● Thor ● Venom (Pre-Update) ● Venom the Duck ● Venompool ● Vision (Aarkus)