Peter Porker picked a profession of punishing punks. How so, you ask? Well, Peter was once an everyday spider who (in a horrible accident involving a scientist and an atomic hair dryer) was bit by a radioactive pig! Peter was transformed, retaining all of his spider powers but taking on the form of an anthropomorphic Pig. With these new powers, he adopted the surname of the scientist who bit him, May Porker, and became Spider-Ham! Now he’s set out to send the bad guys of The Battlerealm crying all the way home.
Spider-Ham places his Patent Pending Porker Poppers on the Opponent when he strikes them with Medium Attacks. These Porker Poppers are improved versions of Power Sting, and deal additional damage to the Opponent when they use a Special Attack. On top of that, he builds Spider-Nonsense over time as long as the Opponent has at least 1 Bar of Power, and the higher his Nonsense is, the higher chance he has to re-apply new Porker Poppers whenever they’re triggered. Taunt and bait the Opponent’s Specials at the right time to deal huge bursts of damage and give them a real dose of slapstick!
- +X Physical Resistance
Spider-Nonsense - Max 10
- Spider-Ham’s cartoonish nature increases the more danger he is in. Spider-Nonsense starts at 0 and increases over time as long as the Opponent has at least 1 Bar of Power, increasing faster for each additional Bar of Power they have.
- Every stack of Spider-Nonsense reduces Degeneration effect potency by 15%, and Passively reduces damage taken during the Opponent’s Special Attacks by 5%.
- While Spider-Nonsense is at 6 or more, Spider-Ham has a 35% chance to Evade. This Evade will not trigger while Blocking.
- While Spider-Nonsense is at 10, Spider-Ham will not gain any for 6.50 second(s), after which it resets back to 0. Spider-Nonsense resets to 3 against Mystic Champions.
Developer’s Note: Spider-Nonsense is one of Spider-Ham’s main mechanics. In addition to the always-active benefits listed here, a few of Spider-Ham’s other abilities also grow stronger the more Spider-Nonsense he has. So when playing as Spider-Ham, try to keep your Nonsense as close to 10 as possible, as much as possible.
When playing against Spider-Ham, you also need to keep track of his Nonsense, because once it hits 6, he has a very solid chance to Evade.
- Remove 2 Spider-Nonsense.
Developer’s Note: Since staying close to 10 Nonsense is very beneficial to Spider-Ham’s abilities, you can use his Heavy Attack to reduce Nonsense when it gets too high. If this is used while Nonsense is at 10, it’ll also stop the reset timer.
- 50% chance to place a Porker Popper on the Opponent for 9 second(s), dealing X Direct Damage when they activate a Special Attack.
- The chance is increased by 25% flat if the Opponent is Stunned or Spider-Ham is Unblockable.
Developer’s Note: Porker Poppers are Spider-Ham’s other main mechanic. See below for the full list of their effects, but the important thing to note here is that his Medium Attacks apply Poppers, and he has a higher chance to do so while the enemy is Stunned, and while Ham is Unblockable
Dash Back and Hold Block
- Activate Spider-Sense, granting 100% chance to Evade. This Evade will trigger even while Blocking.
- When this Evade triggers, Spider-Sense goes on cooldown for 12 second(s).
Developer’s Note: This ability is a nice bit of utility for Spider-Ham’s kit. By dashing backwards and holding block, he is guaranteed to Evade the next incoming hit. While this won’t help him if he’s already getting struck during an enemy combo, he can use this to Evade certain tricky Special Attacks or hits from his Opponents.
- Whenever Spider-Ham Evades, he becomes Unblockable for 1.20 second(s) and Taunts the Opponent for 7 second(s).
- Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack reduced by 40% and have a 70% higher chance to activate a Special Attack.
Developer’s Note: These effects will occur whenever Spider-Ham Evades, whether it’s through his Nonsense, by dashing back and holding block, or from a Quest buff. This is also a convenient way to trigger Unblockable and increase his chance to apply Porker Poppers.
- Any Power Sting Debuff on the Opponent is automatically upgraded into a Patent Pending Peter Porker Power Popper Debuff. Porker Poppers are still treated as Power Stings for all other abilities.
- Whenever a Porker Popper is triggered, there is a 8.50% chance per Spider-Nonsense for it to be replaced by 1 new Porker Popper(s), each lasting 9 second(s) and dealing X Damage.
- Porker Poppers deal a burst of up to X additional Passive Direct Damage when they trigger, scaling with how much Power the Opponent had.
- The additional damage is increased by 60% for each Bar of Power the Opponent had when they were triggered.
Developer’s Note: Porker Poppers are like Power Stings, but better. To start off, they deal damage when Opponent’s trigger Special Attacks, and will count as Power Stings for any Quest buff that cares about them. However, Poppers also deal significantly more damage if the Opponent had more Power when they were triggered, and they have a solid chance of re-applying themselves afterward, depending on how high his Spider-Nonsense is.
Hamming It Up
- Spider-Ham brings a bit of wackiness to the contest, applying Porker Poppers when he Evades, and increasing Debuff duration on his Opponent.
Hamming It Up
- Whenever Spider-Ham Evades, he places a Porker Popper on the Opponent.
- Whenever Spider-Ham is Struck while Stunned, 30% chance to remove 1 Spider-Nonsense and place a non-stacking Porker Popper on the Opponent.
- These Porker Poppers last for 14.01 second(s) and deal 924 Damage.
- While Spider-Nonsense is at 10, it lasts for an additional 2 second(s) before resetting.
Special 1 - The Set-Up
- Pause any Porker Poppers currently on the Opponent until they activate a Special Attack.
- After this Special Attack, Taunt the Opponent for 7 second(s).
Developer’s Note: This Special Attack is great for ensuring the Opponent takes damage from Porker Poppers, since they will be paused until the next time they use a Special Attack, which is when the Poppers deal their damage. This attack also Taunts the Opponent, to increase the chance of them using a Special Attack.
Special 2 - The Punchline
- This attack is Unblockable if the Opponent is Taunted.
- Set Spider-Nonsense to 10, and pause its reset timer for 7 second(s).
- Place 3 Porker Poppers on the Opponent, each lasting 9 second(s) and dealing X Damage.
Developer’s Note: This attack is great for boosting up your Nonsense, and keeping it there for a while. This means that any Poppers triggered while Nonsense is paused at 10 will have an 85% chance to be re-applied, as well as all the other benefits that Nonsense grants. Be careful of this attack while Spider-Ham is defending, since Spider-Ham has a couple different ways to Taunt the Opponent, and this attack is very hard to dodge with Dexterity.
Special 3 - That’s All, Folks!
- If the Opponent has triggered fewer than 15 Porker Poppers in this fight, place 4 Porker Popper(s) on them.
- If the Opponent has triggered 15 or more Porker Poppers in this fight, place a Porker Popper on them for every Porker Popper that was triggered. This can only occur once per fight. Max: 25 Porker Poppers.
- Each Porker Popper placed by this Attack lasts for 10 second(s) and deals X Damage.
Developer’s Note: With the right amount of setup, this attack has the potential to deal ridiculous amounts of damage. First, use the rest of Spider-Ham’s abilities to get the Opponent to trigger at least 15 Porker Poppers. They have to actually trigger, you can’t just apply them.
Then, push the Opponent to at least 2 Bars of Power, get Ham’s Nonsense to 10, and use this attack to apply 15-25 Porker Poppers. If the Opponent then uses a Special Attack while those Poppers are active, they’ll take a huge burst of additional damage for how high their Power was, and they’ll get 12-21 new Porker Poppers because of how high Nonsense was.
You can then get Ham back up to an SP1 and Pause these new Poppers for another big burst of damage.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Champions who launch repeated Special Attacks in quick succession
- Champions like Sasquatch and Doctor Doom are able to activate lots of Special Attacks back-to-back. Spider-Ham punishes these champions by applying fresh Porker Poppers each time they activate another Special, dealing a lot of damage.
- Power Gain Champions
- Spider-Ham’s abilities are significantly improved while he has a high level of Spider-Nonsense. Nonsense increases faster for each Bar of Power the Opponent has, so against Champions who gain additional power, he’s able to spend more of the fight at high levels of Spider-Nonsense
- Champions with powerful Basic Attacks
- Spider-Ham is great at punishing Special Attacks, with his Porker Poppers and Spider-Nonsense. However, if a Champion is able to get through a fight simply using powerful basic attacks, then they can avoid a lot of Spider-Ham’s threats
- True Accuracy, and other anti-Evade effects
- Spider-Ham uses Evade both on Attack and Defense, so he struggles against Opponents who are able to ignore or disable Evade.
|List of Science Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Abomination (Immortal) ● Ant-Man ● Captain America (Infinity War ● WWII) ● Electro ● Hulk (Immortal ● Ragnarok) ● Human Torch ● Invisible Woman ● Joe Fixit ● Luke Cage ● Mister Fantastic ● M.O.D.O.K. ● Quake ● Red Guardian ● Red Hulk ● Rhino ● Sentry ● She-Hulk ● Spider-Ham ● Spider-Gwen ● Spider-Man (Miles Morales) ● Thing ● Void ● Wasp ● Yellowjacket