A child was created as a clone of infant “Nathan Summers” in the hopes of salvaging his techno-organic virus ravished body. Thinking this child to be Nathan, Apocalypse kidnapped him and raised him as his own, giving him the name “Stryfe” and encouraging the boy's arrogance and cruelty in preparation to one day transfer his own consciousness into Stryfe’s body. Years later, during the ritual of transferring Apocalypse's mind into Stryfe, it was discovered that he was actually a clone and thus unfit to house the essence of Apocalypse. Feeling betrayed by both what he thought were his real parents and his adoptive father Apocalypse, Stryfe grew up as an embittered madman seeking vengeance on those who wronged him.
Stryfe uses Heavy Attacks and his Invisibility Cloak to build Telepathic Charges, using these as a resource in his kit! With these charges he is able to Concuss the opponent, block Unblockable attacks, stun Unstoppable opponents, glance incoming attacks, or ramp his damage potential! Telepathic Charges can also be stored as a persistent charge to carry throughout the quest by using Special Attack 3 or by winning a fight! All of this makes him a great option for really long and extreme fights like those found in the Abyss!
- Psionic blasts occur on Medium, Heavy and Special 2 attacks, these deal Energy Damage instead of Physical and cannot be Evaded.
- Reduce the Potency of incoming Passive Direct Damage by 100%.
Dev note: In some niche scenarios, Stryfe is able to perform only Medium or Heavy combos to completely ignore incoming Passive Damage and Evade effects!
Telepathic Charges - Max 20:
- Telepathic Charges are unaffected by Ability Accuracy reduction but cannot be gained while suffering Power Lock, Burn or Drain.
- All attacks gain +X Attack Rating per Telepathic Charge.
- 55% chance to gain +1 Telepathic Charge when landing a Heavy Attack. Chance increased by a flat 15% for each full Bar of Power.
- Gain +1 Telepathic Charge when struck by a Critical Hit.
- Gain +1 Telepathic Charge each time Stryfe or his Opponent Misses.
- When Struck at 5+ Telepathic Charges, consume 5 charges to cause the attack to Glance. Glancing Hits cannot be Critical, deal 50% reduced damage, and suffer -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy.
- Striking an Opponent or into their Block while they are Unstoppable consumes +2 Telepathic Charges to remove the effect and inflict a Passive Stun for 1.20 seconds. Cooldown 8 seconds.
Dev Note: Stryfe’s Heavy Attack is a great way to top up on Telepathic charges. The more full bars of power Stryfe has the higher this chance gets, reaching 100% at 3 full bars.
On Fourth Light Attack:
- Consume 1 Telepathic Charge to inflict a Passive Concussion for 12 seconds reducing the Opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 20%.
- While the Opponent is suffering from Concussion Stryfe can block Unblockable attacks.
Dev Note: These concussion effects can stack multiple times, effectively reducing the opponent’s ability accuracy to zero after inflicting 5 stacks. This also works great in combination with the SP3 concussion!
- Deal a burst of X Energy Damage. +500% potency if Invisible.
- Gain +3 Telepathic Charges if Invisible.
Substantial Psionic Power
- Increases Stryfe's Psionic power, allowing him to build Telepathic Charges faster and cloak his whereabouts when Glancing enemy attacks.
Substantial Psionic Power
- When gaining Telepathic Charges from any source other than this ability Stryfe has a 20.01% chance to gain +1 additional charge.
- Whenever the Opponent Glances a Basic Attack Stryfe has a 40.00% chance to Activate his Special 1 Invisibility for 3 seconds.
- Winning a fight converts 70% of Telepathic Charges into Persistent Telepathic Charges.
Special 1: Telepathic Camouflage
- The second hit in this attack inflicts a non-stacking Passive Shock, dealing X Energy Damage over 8 seconds. This Shock is removed and reapplied on each Psionic Blast.
- After this attack, Stryfe activates a telepathic cloak to go Invisible for 3 seconds, giving the Opponent a 100% chance to Miss. This will not trigger when fighting an Opponent with #Psychic Shielding.
- If Stryfe lands an Attack, Blocks an attack, or the Opponent activates a Special Attack, his position is revealed and Invisibility is removed.
Dev Note: When playing Stryfe you will never want to throw your SP1 while the opponent has 1 or more full bars of power since the opponent might retaliate with a Special Attack of their own and strip away Stryfe’s cloak. Instead bait the Opponent’s SP before using Stryfe’s, this way you have free and easy access to Heavy Intercepting via the cloak!
Special 2: Exceptional Psionics
- The first hit and final 2 hits in this attack are Psionic Blasts, each dealing a burst of X Energy Damage. +80% potency if the Opponent is Shocked.
- Psionic blasts gain +X Attack Rating per Telepathic Charge.
Dev Note: In an average or shorter fight SP2 is a great finisher. Open with an SP1 to build Telepathic charges then use those charges to detonate some chunky damage in SP2! If Stryfe has his signature ability unlocked he can also store a bunch of his charges as Persistent charges when closing a fight!
Special 3: Your Mind, My Playground
- Gain +5 Persistent Telepathic Charges, these last for the rest of the quest but are capped at 100.
- Consume all Telepathic Charges, each becoming +1 additional Persistent Telepathic Charge.
- Persistent Telepathic Charges cannot be consumed to trigger abilities, but still grant Attack Rating bonuses.
- If the Opponent is Shocked, inflict a Passive Concussion for 30 seconds reducing the Opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 30%.
Dev Note: SP3 is best used in longer fights such as the Abyss since it allows Stryfe to store up to 25 Telepathic charges permanently for the rest of the quest. If a fight is long enough Stryfe will be able to hit his maximum ramp in four SP3 rotations, then he can switch over to SP1 into SP2 loop to hit massive damage very consistently.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- High Damage Potential
- Great Survivability
- Stryfe’s Telepathic Charges will cause incoming attacks to Glance, dealing a lot less damage to him. Additionally if Stryfe’s signature ability is unlocked, Glancing attacks can trigger his invisibility, giving him a great window to recover from the opponent’s combo!
- Block Unblockable Attacks
- While Stryfe has a Concussion on the opponent he is able to block unblockable attacks, this can be done fairly easily throughout the entire fight if need be!
- Stun Unstoppable Opponents
- For the cost of 2 Telepathic charges, Stryfe can strike an unstoppable opponent, removing their unstoppable effect and inflicting stun! This is a very handy trick to use when fighting an opponent who goes unstoppable at unpredictable moments such as the final boss of the Abyss!
- Power Lock, Burn and Drain
- While suffering from any of the above effects Stryfe cannot build his telepathic charges.
- Opponent power gain
- Stryfe is unable to use his telepathic cloak invisibility while the opponent has more than 1 full bar of Power. Anywhere Special Attacks cannot be baited or where the opponent is gaining a lot of power will make it a lot more difficult to ramp his charges!
- Vigilance and anti-miss
- Opponent’s who are able to bypass Miss will counter Stryfe’s cloak and make it hard to ramp up charges quickly.
- Shock Immune or Energy Resistance
- Stryfe gets a nice chunk of his damage through his shock and his basic energy attacks, anywhere where the opponent is immune or has resistance to energy damage will significantly reduce his damage output.
|List of Mutant Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Apocalypse ● Archangel ● Beast ● Bishop ● Cable ● Colossus ● Cyclops (Blue Team) ● Deadpool (X-Force ● Goldpool ● Platinumpool) ● Domino ● Emma Frost ● Gambit ● Havok ● Iceman ● Magneto (House of X) ● Mister Sinister ● Namor ● Nightcrawler ● Old Man Logan ● Omega Red ● Professor X ● Psylocke ● Rogue ● Sabretooth ● Storm (Pyramid X) ● Sunspot ● Wolverine (Weapon X ● X-23) ● Sunspot