Kl’rt was a highly decorated soldier of the Super-Skrull Empire. But when the Super-Skrull invasion of Earth was thwarted by the Fantastic Four, he was made into Super-Skrull. The first and the greatest of the Super-Skrulls, he was imbued with all the powers of the Fantastic Four. When charged by cosmic power beamed directly into his body from the Super-Skrull homeworld, he becomes even more powerful than those whose powers he mimics. Nothing can stop him, and he shall make the Earth pay for what it has done to his people!
Super-Skrull is constantly receiving Cosmic Energy from the Super-Skrull homeworld. In-game, this means every 1 second he gains either a Fury Buff or an Armor Up Buff based on if his next action is an Offensive (Attacks), or Defensive (Blocks or Strucks). Once Super-Skrull gains 5 of these Buffs, he enters his Overload state, his Buffs Unpause, but he gains additional Buffs based on the number of Fury/Armor Up Buffs he has as he Overloads. The second layer of his Buff rotation comes from using his Special Attacks to convert Fury into Armor or Armor into Fury, allowing him to carry some of his Buffs between his Overload cycles. Finally, Super-Skrull is constantly attempting to invade the mind of his opponents with his Hypnotic Gaze, allowing him the ability to periodically Falter his target, and make them more vulnerable to Energy Damage.
Enhanced Physiology - Passive
- Immune to Shock, Incinerate.
- Fury Buffs also grant +64.95 Block Penetration.
- Armor Up Buffs also grant +110.53 Critical Resistance.
Developer’s Note: Super-Skrull carries some base immunities from Thing, as well as giving himself slight (mostly defensively relevant) bonuses to his most common Buffs.
Hypnotic Gaze - Debuff
- After a cooldown of 25 seconds inflict a Falter Debuff on the Opponent. This Falter Debuff lasts for 1 seconds, causes all attacks to Miss and begins Paused.
- Falter is unpaused when Super-Skrull is Struck, Blocks an Attack, or an Opponent Misses.
- When this Falter expires, there is a 100% that it's replaced with an Energy Vulnerability Debuff reduces Energy Resist by X for 5 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Super-Skrull’s Falter mechanic has to be paid attention to on both Offense and Defense. On Offense you have to choose between trying to time the Energy Vulnerability for max damage, or using the Miss to keep yourself safe.
Cosmic Energy Receptors - Buff
- Every 1 second Super-Skrull reaches full charge, and his next action creates a Buff, resetting the charge. This charge is not affected by Ability Accuracy.
- Landing a Hit or Striking a Block converts to a Fury Buff increasing Attack by X.
- Being Struck by or Blocking an Attack converts to an Armor Up Buff increasing Armor by X.
- 5 of these Buffs can be maintained at a time.
Developer’s Note: This is the mechanic that you’ll play around most when using Super-Skrull. Time your attacks to build Fury, or Block to gain Armor Ups. By Controlling what Buffs you build here, you’ll be able to control what extra Buffs you get when you Overload.
Cosmic Energy Overload - Buff
- Upon reaching his Cosmic Energy Receptor Buff limit Super-Skrull gains a Cosmic Energy Overload Buff for 15 seconds, and cannot build any more Cosmic Energy until it ends.
- All Cosmic Energy Receptor Buffs are removed when Overload ends or if it fails to trigger.
- Skrull gains additional Buffs based on the Armor Up or Fury Buffs active when he enters Overload:
- 4+ Armor Up Buffs: Gain a Vigilance Buff for 15 seconds.
- 8+ Armor Up Buffs: Gain an Unblockable Buff for 15 seconds.
- 4+ Fury Buffs: Gain an Undermine Debuff for 15 seconds, granting Unblockable to any Hit which the Opponent Autoblocks.
- 8+ Fury Buffs: Gain a Nova Fists Buff for 15 seconds. Granting a 100% chance to Incinerate on all attacks, dealing X energy damage over 1.5 seconds, removing Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50%.
Developer’s Note: This is the payoff for playing around with the Cosmic Energy Receptor Buffs. Nova Fists is an obvious choice when damage is all you care about, and of course it’ll come with Undermine for free. But sometimes carrying a few Armor Ups into Overload for that Vigilance can be really nice.
Self Sustaining Power
- Super-Skrull begins to progress beyond the need for an external source of cosmic energy to charge his powers.
Self Sustaining Power
- While in Cosmic Energy Overload, Super-Skrull gains a Power Gain Buff, granting 7.1% of a Bar of Power per second.
Special 1: Invisible Boulder Toss - Super-Skrull uses his prodigious strength to tear free part of the stage, making it invisible before hurling it at his opponent.
- On Activation convert up to 5 Fury Buffs into Armor Up Buffs increasing Armor by X for 25 seconds.
- The second hit of this attack Cannot Miss or be Autoblocked.
Developer’s Note: Ok here’s how we can start tying our Overload’s together. By passing Fury -> Armor you can effectively “store” it for the next rotation.
Special 2: Elastic Firestorm - Stretching above from his opponent, Super-Skrull unleashes a storm of firebolts blasting and burning all in his way.
- On Activation convert up to 5 Armor Up Buffs into Fury Buffs increasing Attack by X for 25 seconds.
- Each hit has a 100% chance to cause an Incinerate on Hit doing X Energy Damage over 15 seconds, removing Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50%.
Developer’s Note: This is Super-Skrull’s big damage payoff! Convert Armor Ups back into Fury, and burn baby burn.
Special 3: For the Super-Skrull Empire - Tapping into all of his powers, Super-Skrull traps his foe in a forcefield encased firestorm, before blasting them into oblivion.
- Gain an indefinite non-stacking Aptitude increasing the potency of future Armor Up, Fury, and Precision Buffs by 60%.
- 100% chance to Stun for 3 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Super-Skrull’s SP3 is most useful in longer fights where Aptitudes provide more value the longer you have it for, and the Stun lets you follow up immediately afterwards.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Multiple Paused Buffs
- Super-Skrull builds Fury and Armor Buffs which he can keep active for the entire fight. This makes him great for paths where Buffs are key.
- Controllable Falter
- Super-Skrull’s Hypnotic Gaze gives him a Falter that begins Paused. While the cooldown is quite long, it can allow him to completely avoid Specials which are normally difficult or impossible to dodge.
- High Incinerate Debuff Damage
- Putting his Human Torch-like flames to good use, Super-Skrull gets a large portion of his damage from his Incinerates letting him largely ignore his opponent’s Armor.
- Multiple Paused Buffs
- Buffs can cut both ways, in some matchups, those same paused Buffs which were so valuable last quest, are a liability in this quest.
- Incinerate Immunity
- With his Special 2 Incinerates and his Nova Fists Overload Buff, Super-Skrull inflicts a lot of Incinerates. If these are taken away from him, you’ll notice a difference in his damage output.
- Power Control
- Super-Skrull can gain quite a bit of Power once he’s got his Signature Ability. This is a hint that he needs to be able to fire off multiple Specials for his rotation. If his opponent can either punish or prevent that Power Gain, it can force a reset on his rotation.
|List of Cosmic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Air-Walker ● Angela ● Annihilus ● Black Bolt ● Captain Marvel (Classic) ● Carnage (Pre-Update) ● Corvus Glaive ● Cosmic Ghost Rider ● Cull Obsidian ● Drax ● Gamora ● Groot ● Heimdall ● Hela ● Hyperion ● King Groot ● Medusa ● Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) ● Nova ● Phoenix ● Proxima Midnight ● Red Goblin ● Ronan ● Silver Surfer ● Spider-Man (Symbiote) ● Superior Iron Man ● Terrax ● Thanos ● The Champion ● Thor ● Venom (Pre-Update) ● Venom the Duck ● Venompool ● Vision (Aarkus)