Tyros once reigned over the city of Lanlak on the planet of Birj. Galactus saw the brutal dictator’s potential and made him his own Herald of Galactus. With Terrax’s command over rock and earth now magnified and the Power Cosmic on his side, “Terrax the Tamer” became Galactus’ most ruthless conqueror.
Terrax whips up a Rock Field in battle to shred his Opponents to pieces. He can also channel the Power Cosmic to gain Indestructibility and increased Power Rate!
- Terrax is immune to Shock and Bleed effects due to his rocky body.
- Terrax is immune to Power Drain, Power Steal, Power Burn, Power Lock, and Enervate effects from #Metal Champions due to his control over rock and earth.
Developer’s Note: Terrax’s immunity to #Metal Champions’ Power Control abilities cuts out the majority of Tech Champions that could Power Control Terrax. Oh right... and Doctor Doom too!
Power Cosmic - Persistent Charge - Max 6 Stacks:
- Terrax gains 1 Attack Charge(s) whenever he attacks the Opponent and 2 Attack Charge(s) whenever the Opponent attacks him. Terrax gains 10 Attack Charge(s) whenever his attack misses the Opponent. Terrax gains 1 Attack Charge(s) every 0.5 seconds while the Opponent is inside his Rock Field.
- When Terrax gains 50 Attack Charges he converts them into 1 Power Cosmic. Max 2 per fight.
- For each Power Cosmic, Terrax gains an additional +10% Power Rate when struck while Indestructible. Max +60%.
- For each Power Cosmic, Terrax gains an additional +110% Power Rate when blocking an attack while Indestructible. Max +660%.
- When Terrax starts a Rock Field, he gains 1 Indestructible Charge Buff for each Power Cosmic. 1 Indestructible Charge is removed each time Terrax is attacked. All remaining Indestructible Charges are removed when the Rock Field expires. Max 10 Indestructible Charges.
- Terrax’s Indestructible Charge Buffs only ignore damage from attacks and do not ignore damage from Special 3 Attacks.
Developer’s Note: Without his Signature Ability, Terrax can fully ramp up his Power Cosmic ability in 3 fights. Also note Terrax’s beefy Defensive Power Rate combined with his Indestructibility allows him to gain huge amounts of power from taking/blocking hits.
Rock Field - Passive:
- While the Rock Field is active, Terrax’s attacks gain an additional X Attack Rating.
- While the Rock Field is active, nearby Opponents take up to X Energy Damage for every second the Rock Field has been active, every 0.5 second(s). This scales with Base Attack only.
- Every 0.5 second(s) there is a 20% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing the Opponent’s Armor Rating by X for 8 second(s). Max 10 stacks.
|Tier||Armor Rating reduction|
- While the Rock Field is active, Terrax is more aggressive.
Dev Note: Terrax’s most powerful weapon is his Rock Field. It is his primary damage source and provides him with Indestructible Charges. It also has a chance to Armor Break the Opponent which is great against Tech Champions like Ghost!
- Terrax’s fourth Light Attack refreshes the duration of all personal Armor Break Debuffs on the Opponent.
Dev Note: Terrax can inflict up to 10 Armor Breaks from his Rock Field and another- much larger- Armor Break on his Special 3 Attack. To maximize damage, keep up all the Armor Breaks!
- The Rock Field Power Drain is paused while Terrax is charging his Heavy Attack.
- If the Rock Field is active, this attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit, Terrax does not gain Power from this attack, but he gains up to X increased Attack Rating based on how long the Rock Field was active. On hit, the Rock Field ends and consumes 100% of a bar of Power.
|Tier||Attack Rating increase|
Dev Note: Terrax’s Heavy Attack deals more damage the longer the Rock Field has been active, up to 20 seconds! Use this attack to finish every Rock Field for optimal damage.
- Galactus bestows the powers of the Power Cosmic on Terrax granting him greater power over the ground.
- If Terrax has less than 1 Power Cosmic at the start of a fight, he gains 2.
- Terrax starts each fight with his Rock Field active and 66% of his max Power.
- Special Attacks cost 100% less power, but after each Special Attack, Terrax’s Power Bar drains until he reaches 0 Power. During this time, Terrax cannot use Special Attacks and his Rock Field is active.
- Terrax loses power faster the longer his Rock Field has been active.
Developer’s Note: Terrax’s Special Attacks drain his power instead of instantly consuming it. During this window, the Rock Field is active! This mechanic allows Terrax to keep his Rock Field longer the more Power he gains! Keep in mind that the Power Meter drains much faster after the Rock Field has been active for 30 seconds.
Special Attack 1 - Rock Torrent:
- If Terrax has less than 6 Power Cosmic, he gains 20 Attack Charges.
- If Terrax has 6+ Power Cosmic, he gains 3 Indestructible Charge(s) until the Rock Field expires after this Special Attack.
- The Rock Field triggered after this Special Attack has a flat +40% increased chance to Armor Break the Opponent.
Developer’s Note: Although the Rock Field after this Special Attack, is quite short, it speeds up Terrax’s Power Cosmic ramp and when he’s fully ramped, it gives him more Indestructible Charges!
Special Attack 2 - Meteor Strike:
- The last hit grants Terrax a Power Gain Buff, generating 40% of his Max Power over 12 seconds. Max 1.
Developer’s Note: Since Terrax’s Power Meter is draining after each Special Attack, this Power Gain Buff will slow down the process, allowing for an even longer Rock Field.
- Lightning Tempest: Shock damage is increased by up to 90% based on the Opponents current Power. Additionally, each Prowess reduces the Opponents Defensive Power Rate by 25% up to a max of 100%.
Developer’s Note: While Lightning Tempest is active, this Special Attack can be launched safely regardless of how much Power the Opponent has. If playing aggressively, Storm (Pyramid X) can launch this Attack while the Opponent is near 3 bars of Power to almost double the damage.
Special Attack 3 - Buried Alive:
- Inflict a Stun Debuff, lasting 2 second(s).
- Inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing the Opponent’s Armor Rating by X for 15 second(s). Max 1.
|Tier||Armor Rating reduction|
Developer’s Note: This Armor Break can be refreshed with Terrax’s fourth Light Attack, allowing him to potentially keep it up the entire fight.
To be added
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Rock Field Damage
- Terrax’s Rock Field deals Energy Damage to nearby Opponents that scales with time. The longer his Rock Field is active, the more damage he deals.
- Indestructibility & Tankiness
- Terrax gains Indestructible Charges while his Rock Field is active, allowing him to bypass damage from hits. This ability gives him some of the most readily available Indestructibility of any Champion in the Contest!
- Power Control
- The most effective way to shut down Terrax’s defenses is to control his Power Meter. Without Terrax’s Rock Field, he loses his Indestructibility and primary source of damage.
- Because every Indestructible Charge is a Buff, Terrax can have his tankiness stripped away from him. Bonus points if you’re using the Mystic Dispersion Mastery!
- Energy Resistance
- Because Terrax’s primary damage comes from his Rock Field which deals Energy Damage. A character with Energy Resistance will dampen the effects of Terrax’s Rock Field.
|List of Cosmic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Air-Walker ● Angela ● Annihilus ● Black Bolt ● Captain Marvel (Classic) ● Carnage (Pre-Update) ● Corvus Glaive ● Cosmic Ghost Rider ● Cull Obsidian ● Drax ● Gamora ● Groot ● Heimdall ● Hela ● Hyperion ● King Groot ● Medusa ● Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) ● Nova ● Phoenix ● Proxima Midnight ● Red Goblin ● Ronan ● Silver Surfer ● Spider-Man (Symbiote) ● Superior Iron Man ● Terrax ● Thanos ● The Champion ● Thor ● Venom (Pre-Update) ● Venom the Duck ● Venompool ● Vision (Aarkus)