After Peter Parker rejected a sinister alien symbiote, the extra-terrestrial threat sought revenge by bonding with Eddie Brock, ex-photographer for the Daily Bugle and Peter’s longtime rival. Fueled by their shared hatred of Spider-Man, Brock and the symbiote now use their immense strength and deadly abilities to gain revenge as the fearful Venom.
- Klyntar Mutation (passive): Venom has a Klyntar Mutation buff that refreshes itself every 9 seconds, after which he gains a random Genetic Memory buff from the list below.
- Klyntar Mutation (passive): Venom’s Klyntar Mutation buff provides +X attack and additional properties based on Venom’s opponent.
- Heavy attacks): Removes an Armor Up and inflicts Armor Break, reducing armor rating by X for 11 seconds. Landing this attack also causes Venom to randomize his most recent Genetic Memory buff.
- Opponent <18% health: Venom’s bloodlust grants him a True Strike passive and unblockable special attacks.
- Aggressive Symbiosis
- Rapid evolutionary changes to the symbiote grant Venom an second Genetic Memory buff, as well as a X% chance for a third one at the start the fight.
- Venom’s Genetic Memory buffs also gain +X% Potency.
- Special 1 - Constituent Lash: Morphing his arm into a whip of constituent-matter, Venom lashes his target thrice.
- Om Nom: Each strike has a 55% chance to steal a Buff and feed it to the symbiote, nullifying the buff, triggering a Genetic Memory buff and healing Venom for X health.
- Special 2 - Constituent Carnage: Eight repeated strikes tear at opponents with tendril and claw.
- Special 3 - Hide-And-Seek: Venom’s body writhes and mutates into a creature of nightmares as he plays a twisted game of hide-and-go-seek with his prey.
- +5% damage for each buff Venom has.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Offensive: Venom's permanent Fury, Cruelty and Precision buffs, combined with frequent Bleed and Armor Break, as well as spike damage on his special 2, makes him an offensive powerhouse and a foe to be reckoned with.
- True Strike: Venom's passive True Strike which activates when his opponent is low on health comes in handy against enemy effects which occur at the same time, such as War Machine's Empty the Clip and Iron Man (Infinity War)'s Deflector Protocol.
- Nullify: Ironically, although one of Venom's main weaknesses is nullify he can nullify buffs as well, plus the added bonus that doing so can grant instant health recovery.
- Buff removal: Champions with reliable nullify, such as Symbiote Supreme, as well as Fate Seal in the case of Ghost Rider, can easily strip Venom's much needed power from him.
- Buff bane: Champions who deal bonus damage for each buff on Venom, such as Ronan and the Cosmic Symbioid, are also very punishing against Venom. In this aspect, one of Venom's most risky matchups is against Longshot, who not only has a class advantage but can also combust all buffs and Bad Karma on Venom to inflict near-instant Incinerates, potentially burning him to death and, if not so, keeping the power from his Klyntar Mutation buff at bay for a while.
- Venom’s Om Nom is slightly different from Venompool’s; it has the additional ability to trigger a Genetic Memory buff for Venom, and also recovers instant health.
- For the older variant of Venom, click here.
|List of Cosmic Champions|
|[v ● e]
Playable: Air-Walker ● Angela ● Annihilus ● Black Bolt ● Captain Marvel (Classic) ● Carnage (Pre-Update) ● Corvus Glaive ● Cosmic Ghost Rider ● Cull Obsidian ● Drax ● Gamora ● Groot ● Heimdall ● Hela ● Hyperion ● King Groot ● Medusa ● Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) ● Nova ● Phoenix ● Proxima Midnight ● Red Goblin ● Ronan ● Silver Surfer ● Spider-Man (Symbiote) ● Superior Iron Man ● Terrax ● Thanos ● The Champion ● Thor ● Venom (Pre-Update) ● Venom the Duck ● Venompool ● Vision (Aarkus)